"Tonight we die..."


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Alright, I'm feeling random (it seems to be going around lately), so brace yourself for some unrelated topics. (Note: You don't literally have to brace yourself. Unless you want to. I won't argue.)

First off, to see a hilarious video (American Idol at its finest), click here. I laughed so much. Oh how I laughed.

I bought the relatively-new Hillsong United CD the other day, Look To You. Such an amazing CD. The last CD, More Than Life, was officially my favourite worship CD, and now this one is getting up there. It is just great. I love it. Y'hear?! I love it!

Last night I went and saw Madagascar with my sisters and my cousin. Man, what a funny movie! I was really impressed. I mean, who doesn't love psychotic penguins? I laughed a lot. At one point, I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe and I was sitting right beside this guy and his girlfriend and I think I was like shaking and making his chair shake too and I don't think he was liking that too much. That's just what happens when something's really funny -- I can't stop laughing, and then it gets painful. But you should go see it...even if the critics say not to bother. Who cares what they think! You gotta stick it to the man, I always say.

Also last night, I had to stay up until the wee hours of the morn'--so that I could sleep all day today and go to work tonight--so I rented a couple of movies. I finally decided to rent In Good Company, after having picked it up and then put it back every time I've been to the store since it came out. But man, I was surprised. I thought it was a really good movie. The ending was a little ... surprising/disappointing ... but overall I thought the story was impressive.

See, here's the thing. I don't really understand this about myself. When I'm with other people watching a movie, for some reason it seems that my mind automatically guards against being 'too' vulnerable. So if I watch a 'sappy' movie (or any movie that makes a person feel something) I have a really hard time getting in to it, or feeling those emotions, or showing them, or whatever. But when I'm alone, watching that movie, and I know no one is watching with me or will see me, I can completely let it out. And then those movies mean so much more to me. I think if I had seen that same movie with other people, I wouldn't have responded in the same way. Does that make sense?The thing is, it really only happens with movies. In other circumstances, I don't seem so guarded about letting my feelings show. I don't know. Just strange. But watching that movie last night made me think about that -- I probably wouldn't have really liked the movie if I'd been watching it with, say, a group of friends. It's messed up...

One of my little sisters turned 18 on Friday. What a weird thought that is. My other little sister turned 16 not too long ago, and even that felt weird. But now it's like, there's only one out of four who isn't technically an adult yet (and soon only one who'll still be in High School). And soon I'll be 22, almost a quarter of a century old (I find it therapeutic to think of ways to make you sound older than, in perspective, you really are). What a cruel, cruel world.

I like to go to the park and swing on the swings. It's one of my favourite things to do on a nice day (though, for some reason, I have yet to find a girl who likes to swing on the swings also, which makes me sad -- actually, come to think of it, I love to go for walks, and I have yet to meet a girl who likes to do that also -- what in the world?!).

I don't understand how a week at work can feel so long, and then a weekend feels like it didn't even happen. It just isn't right, I say. No, no it isn't...


0 Responses to “"Tonight we die..."”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 

the sounds of music

the reading rainbow

  • A Generous Orthodoxy
    Brian McLaren
  • Brave New World
    Aldous Huxley
  • Catcher In the Rye
    J.D. Salinger
  • Smoke & Mirrors
    Neil Gaiman

motion pictures

people i spy on

internet tourism

Previous posts

ancient history