Standing On The Edge of Me


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



In that last post, I listed the song "On Fire" by Switchfoot as being one song I listen to a lot and/or that means a lot to me. Well, it's both of those things. This past while (being, oh say, the last 2 years at least) has been strange, in that I've been changing and growing and sometimes un-growing in ways that I always find hard to put to words (and no, I'm not talking about puberty, folks). And like I seem to keep saying, whenever there are big changes in my life, I've gotta deal with a whole new set of issues. This song is one of my favourites -- of any song -- because I always just feel it in my gut when I hear it. I feel like God is actually right there with me. I wanted to post the lyrics up (just because I can), and hey, go listen to the song and maybe you'll be feeling it too. (The italicized part is one of my favourites, also.)

Switchfoot - On Fire

Tell you where you need to go
Tell you when you'll need to leave
Tell you what you need to know
Tell you who you need to be

But everything inside you knows
Says more than what you've heard
So much more than empty conversations
Filled with empty words

And you're on fire
When He's near you
You're on fire
When He speaks
You're on fire
Burning at these mysteries

Give me one more time around
Give me one more chance to see
Give me everything You are
Give me one more chance to be near You

When everything inside me looks like
Everything I hate
You are the hope I have for change
You are the only chance I'll take

When I'm on fire
When You're near me
I'm on fire
When You speak
And I'm on fire
Burning at these mysteries
these mysteries...

I'm standing on the edge of me
I'm standing on the edge

And I'm on fire
When You're near you
I'm on fire
When You speak
I'm on fire
Burning at these mysteries...


0 Responses to “Standing On The Edge of Me”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 

the sounds of music

the reading rainbow

  • A Generous Orthodoxy
    Brian McLaren
  • Brave New World
    Aldous Huxley
  • Catcher In the Rye
    J.D. Salinger
  • Smoke & Mirrors
    Neil Gaiman

motion pictures

people i spy on

internet tourism

Previous posts

ancient history