Unleash This, Sucka!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I just read this morning that 50 Cent's real name is Curtis Jackson. I find that pretty funny. Mr. Gangsta is really Mr. Joe-Blo. I think it's about time for me to get a cool rap name. Maybe like...Glass Pain. See that? 'Pain' instead of 'Paine'. Clever hey? No? Hm. How about Automobillionaire? Except I'm not rich, and I don't have a car, so that doesn't really work. Geez. I guess I'll just have to give this some more thought.

I went and saw Unleashed last night. What a rad movie. It didn't get super great reviews, which I don't really understand. I mean, not only was it one of the better 'action' movies of recent memory, it also had a great story. I've always thought Jet Li was awesome, but this movie proved he's actually a decent actor (and besides -- even if he wasn't, he could still mess you up boy. 'Quit your jibba-jabba!' Oh wait. That's Mr. T). Yeah. I recommend it.

Funny thing was, while I was watching it, I noticed it had a ton of possible allegories in it. I was going to write them in here, but I think I'll wait a few days. One of the parts that still sticks out, though, is after Danny has been with his new family for awhile, and has been learning and changing, and finally takes his collar off -- and the girl says, "Now everything about you is new." For anyone who has watched it, could you relate to anything there? If you haven't seen it, but do go, keep your eyes on the look out for some symbolism.

By the way, I realized I never mentioned anything about Crash. I went and saw it last week and, wow. Powerful stuff. Really. I almost lost it at one point in the theatre. I usually only tend to cry in movies when I'm at home & alone, so that's saying something about this movie. Go see it! Two things I pulled from the movie: one, don't be quick to judge people based on stereotype, apparent character traits, or things they may have done -- you don't know anything about them, where they come from, what they are going through in life -- and two, people can and do change, for the better and the worse -- and we all contribute to that in each other.


0 Responses to “Unleash This, Sucka!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 

the sounds of music

the reading rainbow

  • A Generous Orthodoxy
    Brian McLaren
  • Brave New World
    Aldous Huxley
  • Catcher In the Rye
    J.D. Salinger
  • Smoke & Mirrors
    Neil Gaiman

motion pictures

people i spy on

internet tourism

Previous posts

ancient history