Life Is Strange


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It's been a week since my last post -- a ridiculous amount of time, I know. But it has been for good reason: I didn't have the internet! I'd love to post things using only telekinetic powers, but I can't seem to bend the spoon, let alone access the internet via my brain. Oh well.

The past week has been eventful. It's crazy to think how much can happen in such a short period of time. Last week was the end of the semester, with the week finishing off with graduation. It was a very weird experience seeing a good chunk of the people I started college with four years ago walk across the platform and get their degree. It's such a big change, it's hard to comprehend it sometimes. Life is strange.

The last couple of days I spent in my apartment were very...different. I had no internet, no cable, not even any books -- save for my Bible -- to entertain me. My roommate was gone, and so was my furniture. My house had practically nil left in it. When I got home on Friday night after grad, and after the bonfire, I was suddenly overwhelmed with this huge weighty feeling of loneliness. It was weird, not because I've never felt lonely, but because of how intense of a feeling it was. It sort of dawned on me that I probably deal with my loneliness at times by occupying myself with whatever I can -- TV, internet, reading, whatever. As soon as it was all gone, I felt like I had nowhere to turn to. Thankfully, I still had my Bible with me, so I read a few stories, and started to pray. And it really sunk in about how God is always-present. It's a massive comfort for me to know that, and I often wonder how a person who has no relationship with God could cope in that situation. I would be crushed. On top of that, I began to see why God gave Eve to Adam. He knew a thing or two about relationships. Man needed another person of flesh and blood to interact with. It says a lot about our makeup, if the perfect man himself could be lonely, even with God walking and talking with him during the day.

Anyway, now I am in Ontario for the next four months, living with my family. It's both weird and great to be back. It has been a long time since I've lived at home, so it's almost strange to have sisters around, and to sit down and have supper with them. But it's also great because, well, it's family. And it was such a relief to come to a place that is CLEAN. Oh. My. Goodness. I was telling my sister that I don't know if I can handle living with people again who have no sense of cleanliness or order or how to set-up a house so it looks nice. But it seems to me there are few guys who can do that. Which means I need to get married. Soon. :)

Today I drove out to where I will be working this summer. It's about 45min to an hour drive from where I live. So that means I've got a good drive to and from work. Goodee! But there is a couple who live closer (and she works at the same place) and offered to let me stay at their place whenever I need to. They're very generous, though I don't know them very well so it seems a bit...awkward. Oh well. We'll see. The job itself looks alright. It's in a factory that makes fiberglass threading (for tires and such). Nothing too exciting, but hey, pays great and the people seem nice. So I guess I'll be updating on that as time goes on...

Can't think of anything else to say at the moment. So that's it.


0 Responses to “Life Is Strange”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 

the sounds of music

the reading rainbow

  • A Generous Orthodoxy
    Brian McLaren
  • Brave New World
    Aldous Huxley
  • Catcher In the Rye
    J.D. Salinger
  • Smoke & Mirrors
    Neil Gaiman

motion pictures

people i spy on

internet tourism

Previous posts

ancient history