Prince Charles Is The Anti-Christ: Who Knew?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



You shall wait a very long time indeed if you wish to hear [a television] preacher refer to the difficulties a rich man will have in gaining access to heaven. The executive director of the National Religious Broadcasters Association sums up what he calls the unwritten law of all television preachers: "You can get your share of the audience only by offering people something they want." You will note, I am sure, that this is an unusual religious credo. There is no great religious leader--from the Buddha to Moses to Jesus to Mohammed to Luther--who offered people what they want. Only what they need.
(Amusing Ourselves to Death. Neil Postman. Pg. 121)

The above quote is from a book I just finished reading for a class I'm taking. It has taken me
a year to get through it -- and while I'm not the fastest reader on the planet, a year to read 160 pages is a little ridiculous. In all honesty, probably the only reason I have even finished it is that I have a book report due on it this Friday. But I am glad I did get through it. I think I found it hard to finish because it was excruciatingly hard to get past the first chapter (that can be a problem if you want to get to the end). Still, after I reached about mid-point in the book (it's divided into two parts) I ate it up.

The book is generally about how TV (more specifically, taking TV seriously) has ruined our ability to take anything of importance seriously at all. His argument basically centers around the cultural shift from reading to television, and how the former, along with our ability to
authentically learn, has been devastated by the latter's obsession with disjointed and out-of-context information, as well as with image and over-simplified thought. I'm not doing it any justice, but I highly recommend it. By the end, though you might be angry (heck, I was at some points), it'll change the way you think and watch TV. Truth be told, most of his arguments seem almost impossible to debate.

In other news, it turns out Prince Charles of Wales is the Anti-Christ. Who'd have thought? I gotta tell you, I often wonder if some of these "Biblical Prophecy Experts" didn't smoke one-too-many doobies in their teens...

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter. And if you haven't yet, make sure you read up about those Marshmallow Peeps.


6 Responses to “Prince Charles Is The Anti-Christ: Who Knew?”

  1. Blogger Geoff 

    I had have done some of my own reasearch as well Sir Stewart if you will observe that Prince Charles Charles has big ears, resembling horns, The Prince of Darkness has bad teeth, as does Charles, both have problems with women, both despised and loved by many. Charles is the Prince of wales, wales is right by the ocean, the ocean contains strange creatures such as the leviathan which resembles a dragon which Satan is compared to in the Book or Revelation...all this is conclusive evidence that the Antichrist has been revealed!!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Good design!
    [url=http://brgpvzzr.com/mcoa/bbwz.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://mxkeekkt.com/hjbw/wddb.html]Cool site[/url]

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 
  4. Anonymous Anonymous 
  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Great work!
    http://brgpvzzr.com/mcoa/bbwz.html | http://twxxgeda.com/wsow/vusi.html

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Great work!
    http://brgpvzzr.com/mcoa/bbwz.html | http://twxxgeda.com/wsow/vusi.html

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 

the sounds of music

the reading rainbow

  • A Generous Orthodoxy
    Brian McLaren
  • Brave New World
    Aldous Huxley
  • Catcher In the Rye
    J.D. Salinger
  • Smoke & Mirrors
    Neil Gaiman

motion pictures

people i spy on

internet tourism

Previous posts

ancient history