The Exploding Head Syndrom


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
(Philo)

Alright. Ok. How to begin. How to begin...

I checked my e-mail not 20 minutes ago (I check my e-mail every 5 minutes, roughly) and had a letter from my big sister -- she sent me some money to help me cover my rent! What in the world?! I think I am experiencing blessing-overload right now. When you live with the mindset that life is a series of bad-happenings (ok, I don't always live there, but lately I seem to have been) and a bunch of incredible things start happening to you, your head seems to verge on exploding. {Insert Scotty: "Cap'n. Your brain, I'm givin' it all she's got, but she just can't take it. She's goin' ta blow!"}

I feel very humbled. It wasn't a week ago that I was complaining that I wanted to get away from people, that I couldn't handle being around them so much, and about how I wanted to live "independently" (it's fun to quote/paraphrase yourself -- very exciting). Well, here I am, having been blessed by other people and changing my tune. Maybe this is one way for God to correct my selfishness.

I also want to note that I wasn't writing all this as some sort of fundraiser! So for any of you out there with a million dollars, no need to send me any (wait, what am I saying? If you have a million dollars, please do send some!). I was only just sharing some of my head with you (whoever you may be), and I mean none of this for any other reason.

But to those of you who have blessed me (my sister Steph and Dave, Karla, and Malcom) thank you so incredibly much for helping a brother (hey, that works literally and metaphorically here -- whoa!) out. You're awesome.

And the rest of you broke people out there -- you're awesome too. Just not as awesome.

I kid!


1 Responses to “The Exploding Head Syndrom”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Kyle is the coolest dude.....
    keep it real

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 

the sounds of music

the reading rainbow

  • A Generous Orthodoxy
    Brian McLaren
  • Brave New World
    Aldous Huxley
  • Catcher In the Rye
    J.D. Salinger
  • Smoke & Mirrors
    Neil Gaiman

motion pictures

people i spy on

internet tourism

Previous posts

ancient history