This Open Heart


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Ever have those days where it is painfully hard to see anything beautiful in life? It's like everything is less wonderful -- all the colours are dull, the birds are silent, the giant, ancient trees are wilting. When it seems like the whole world is under some sort of evil sorcerer's spell? That day is my today. I feel very unmoved. Very unimpressed with everything. Very sad about life. It feels like being caught up in some kind of hamsters wheel -- like somebody thought it would be amusing to see me run around in circles, tempting me into thinking I was going somewhere only to realize I've been seeing the same thing over and over and over again. My reward? A drink of water and some wood chips. Hm. Ok, maybe the analogy only goes so far...

I don't know. I'm just tired. Tired of feeling tired. Tired of feeling like I'm trapped into repeating the same mistakes, the same stupid decisions, the same overwhelming emotions of living. I'd like, just once, to feel like I'm making headway, like I'm getting somewhere, like I'm finding something worth fighting for. In whatever. I don't even care anymore about specifics. Just give me something, God. Give me something to do. Give me something to strive for, work for, fight for, hope for, survive for, become a better person for.

That is my open heart for this day, July 7, 2005. Now I must sleep. I hope that your days are feeling much brighter.


1 Responses to “This Open Heart”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    The world often looks better after a night's sleep or day's nap. I've felt what you're feeling and have changed very little in my life to achieve joy. Were you really asking God for something to do or become a better person for?

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 

the sounds of music

the reading rainbow

  • A Generous Orthodoxy
    Brian McLaren
  • Brave New World
    Aldous Huxley
  • Catcher In the Rye
    J.D. Salinger
  • Smoke & Mirrors
    Neil Gaiman

motion pictures

people i spy on

internet tourism

Previous posts

ancient history