Funnier Isn't Proper


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I can remember a time, not too long ago, when I didn't take much of anything very seriously. Then somewhere along the line, probably around the time I was getting the metaphorical crap kicked out of my emotions, I started taking everything so very seriously indeed. Of course, it wasn't as if I couldn't or didn't laugh. I laughed and still do laugh a lot. And easily. But for some reason I got all serious about myself.

And I think that's bulljive.

Sometimes I laugh about how ridiculous life is. I think I used to think it was much more funny than I do now, but every once and awhile I have one of those epiphanies where it dawns on me, only for a moment, how silly everything is. They usually brighten my day. So my goal now is to live in that epiphany. Numero Uno Priority-o: Remember that life is funny, in a very ironic sort of way.

Henceforth, I am going to be making a conscious effort to not take myself seriously anymore. It's boring, it's depressing, and it ruins everything -- as far as I'm concerned. If you can't laugh at how ridiculous your are (and by 'you' I mean 'me'), what can you laugh at? (Well, besides people tripping and trying to pretend they didn't...now that's funny.)


0 Responses to “Funnier Isn't Proper”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 

the sounds of music

the reading rainbow

  • A Generous Orthodoxy
    Brian McLaren
  • Brave New World
    Aldous Huxley
  • Catcher In the Rye
    J.D. Salinger
  • Smoke & Mirrors
    Neil Gaiman

motion pictures

people i spy on

internet tourism

Previous posts

ancient history