Good Grief!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It is ridiculously depressing how long it has been since I've written a post. I mean, one would think nothing has happened/is happening in my life right now or that I fell down an abandoned mine shaft and despite screaming at the top of my lungs for hours, days, on end, to no avail, I decided to settle down and build myself a home and, through the powers of evolution, bypass my reproduction short-comings and create offspring to populate the underworld with me. But really it's just that I've been too busy.

The last little while has been filled-to-bursting with all sorts of crazy (and in some cases, unexpected) events in the Life of Kyle. My family hit the road last week, leaving for Edmonton (their new home) and leaving me in their wake, alone in an empty (or relatively empty) house, with nothing but some paper plates and the giant spiders that find their way into my room to keep me entertained (believe me, paper plates can be very entertaining, given the right circumstances). Oh yeah, and having random realtors bring strangers through the house while I am sleeping can be amusing. Creepy, sure. But fun too. Especially when you sleep naked. Oh, what good times...

Another big deal was in the purchasing of a girlfriend. Ok, ok -- I didn't purchase her. Believe it or not, she came of her own accord. That may seem hard to believe, I know. But I lie not. It is all rather great. Unexpected and great. She is great. In fact, she sometimes even shows up around here. And leaves comments. When she feels like it. Her name is Ashley -- and she too has a blog. You should read it. Because if you do, she'll be pressured into writing more. And that is my goal.

Ashley is an amazing girl, and I feel quite overwhelmed by the fact that she's decided to take a chance with me. It is a very new experience for me to meet someone who I feel so connected to, as if we've known each other for years. And on top of that, meeting someone I have so much in common with, who shares a lot of the same thought processes, and even shares some of the same struggles, though with our own personal twists, is all quite wonderful. And exciting. I'm like a little kid on Christmas Day. A perpetual Christmas Day.

It always amazes me how life never seems to go the way it is planned. I can't say I went into this summer expecting my family to move again. And I can't say I went into the summer expecting to have a girlfriend by the end of it. I think that was probably the last thing I expected. But when things happen, you've just gotta embrace them and go with them. There's no use standing around worrying about one thing or the other, because life is going to happen whether you want it to or not. And when good things happen -- grab them and enjoy them and go with them. And when bad things happen -- well, grab them too, learn from them, become a better person because of them. Life is too short and too important to passively watch it go by.
And it came to me then that every plan is a tiny prayer to Father Time.
(Death Cab of a Cutie, What Sarah Said)

I feel like I have so much more to write, to say, to tell, but I have no time to do it. Tomorrow I fly back to B.C., in a last ditch attempt to get something out of this school. In the meantime, I have boxes to pack and people to spend time with. This blog must, therefore, take a backseat. For now. But I'll be back. Oh yes. I will.


0 Responses to “Good Grief!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 

the sounds of music

the reading rainbow

  • A Generous Orthodoxy
    Brian McLaren
  • Brave New World
    Aldous Huxley
  • Catcher In the Rye
    J.D. Salinger
  • Smoke & Mirrors
    Neil Gaiman

motion pictures

people i spy on

internet tourism

Previous posts

ancient history