CSI & False Pregnancy


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Instead of doing my homework this afternoon, I was watching some old re-runs of CSI -- Season 3, to be exact. I started watching one episode, number 312, called "Got Murder?" and right away I remembered seeing it on TV. And I also remember it being one of the more disturbing ones. In the end, we find out that this teenage girl was in love with her dad (her mom had left some years ago and she sort of "took over" the job) and had been showing signs of being pregnant. She was telling them that her dad had done it. So they checked it out. And she turned out to be a virgin. They figured out that she had "Pseudocyesis" - False Pregnancy. Apparently, or so they said, the person would give off the signs of pregnancy without actually being pregnant. So, being the curious fellow I am, I looked it up. Turns out it's a real condition. Like I said, messed up.

Just thought I'd share...


0 Responses to “CSI & False Pregnancy”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 

the sounds of music

the reading rainbow

  • A Generous Orthodoxy
    Brian McLaren
  • Brave New World
    Aldous Huxley
  • Catcher In the Rye
    J.D. Salinger
  • Smoke & Mirrors
    Neil Gaiman

motion pictures

people i spy on

internet tourism

Previous posts

ancient history